The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can’t empty trash / delete older OF version Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I updated to OF v60.0.95919 this morning. The update went smoothly, but now when emptying the trash, one file in the old OF package remains and can’t be deleted:

OmniFocusMetadataImporter

Seems to be a spotlight plugin.

So my question would be: Why is the “old” importer plugin still in use even though I installed a newer OF version? Anything I can do apart from rm -f ?

Cheers,
-Sascha

Edit: OS X 10.4.11, I’m not the admin and I used OF’s self-updater (which asks for the admin password).

Edit 2: About one hour later, the system apparently released the importer plugin and the trash emptied without problems. Weirdness!

Last edited by nggalai; 2007-12-12 at 02:25 AM..

This is actually not that uncommon in my experience. If the app's mdimporter is busy, you won't be able to empty the trash until it's done.