The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
(Where do we submit features requests ?)

OG 4.2.2 (well, it is an older PowerBook with a 2GB max, so I am not about to load Leopard, which 5,x needs. Besides, I am quite happy with it.)

1 I need a button (that I can place on the Toolbar) to Edit/Shape/MakePointsEditable. For the same reason, other will need Edit/Shape/SubtractShapes, Edit/Shape/IntersectShapes and Edit/Shape/UnionShapes. The Toolbar is getting crowded, though. The Lock button works correctly (if you drag it from the Customise Toolbar; the default is legless), and I have gotten used to the keystrokes for it, so at the least, I need keystrokes for it.

2 There is a bug in the Inspector, it happens to most but not all the items, and it is not consistent.
• Let's say I have a finished drawing, with 16 objects, all set to Shadow of black 000000.
• I decide I want to change the Shadow to grey 999999.
• One object at a time, I select the object select the Shadow Inspector, select the colour well, and select grey.
• Now as far as I am concerned, from the second object onward, I should be able to select the object, select 000000.
• it allows me to do that about 60% of the time
• 40% of the time, it forgets, loses context, and I have to select the colour well again
• it also happens when resetting colours and elsewhere, and is encountered in exactly the same set of steps above (but working with colours, etc), therefore I think it is a bug in the context manager.
(and please do not come back and tell me that I can choose a group of objects together via Canvas/Selection, and reset the colour or Shadow in on stroke: no, that is not that point, and I am using a simple example here, to describe the problem clearly.)

Cheers

Last edited by DerekAsirvadem; 2010-05-02 at 07:31 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncisiveOne View Post
(Where do we submit features requests ?)

OG 4.2.2 (well, it is an older PowerBook with a 2GB max, so I am not about to load Leopard, which 5,x needs. Besides, I am quite happy with it.)
Use the Help->Send Feedback command to submit feature requests and bug reports in a fashion where they will be seen by the right people.

Unfortunately, I think the chances that they will tinker with the previous generation of the program at this point are essentially non-existent.

Thanks.

I sent an email to Omni via that mechanism, at the same time. The posting here is because this forum specifically discusses FRs.

I don't particularly care if Omni fixes the issue in OmniGraffle 4.x; I care that they fix the issue in OmniGraffle period. The bug report is for OmniGraffle period, no one has informed me that it is fixed.

FYI, I received email from Omni to the effect that this bug [2] is addressed in 5.x.