The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to stick to individual magnet Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Say I've carefully laid out a set of blocks in a diagram that I now need to link up with connectors. I've got it gridded so that there is a centre line running through each block.

When I add connectors it seems to want to add them to the nearest magnet rather than letting me choose which magnet they go to.

If I move to a different magnet then the 'jag' adjusts completely illogically right up against the destination shape rather than being at the centre point between the shapes.

The jag handle is also not gridded, making precise placement a drag (pardon the pun).

I've always found a workaround for this after nearly 20-40 minutes fiddling with it but I'm wondering if anyone else has got a better way of dealing with it. Oh yeah, and my workaround is usually to draw each individual segment of the line individually.

Last edited by HappyCatMachine; 2011-02-22 at 12:59 AM..

Ah, I see the question has already been answered. No magnet support except that existing magnets will be used. Hopefully we get this resolved in the future. Thanks Omnifolks!