The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone version screws up repeating tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I have a task to remind me to read through updates on a web site. I have it set to repeat every day so that when I have left it a few days, I can count how many times it has repeated to know how many days worth of updates I need to read through.

On the mac version the task appears as one entry and when I click it, it gets crossed out and a new one appears underneith until I am up-to-date.

But when I launch the iPhone app and it syncs the task often spawns duplicates. And when I go back onto the mac version the duplicates that the iPhone version made are still there and I have to clean it up and lose the chance of seeing how many days I am behind.

Any ideas, is this a bug or am I using the repeat thingy in a way that was never intended?

If a repeating task is checked off on *both* the mac and the iPhone, both will create their own 'next time' copy of the action. After sync, each gets the other's copy, which can be a little confusing.

If that doesn't sound like what you're seeing, please zip up a copy of your OmniFocus database and send it to the support ninjas with some info on which tasks are the ones that look wrong to you. We'll try and figure out what happened and get it fixed if it's a bug.

That's the only thing similar to what you're describing that I can think of, though...

I was wandering if there is a way on the Iphone app to have a repeating project. for example I would like to have a project, "to do this weekend" that would repeat every time weekend, that way I could put task to do on the weekend.