The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync pref pane hang up Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've scoured the forums for notes on this but have not found any, forgive me if I missed it somewhere else.

I've used omni focus for a while now but I have never used the sync functionality. When I first went to the sync pane in the preferences, the list on the left only showed "(unassigned)" but did not display any of my 12 calendars.

I restarted omni focus and now when I open the sync pane I only get the spinning wheel of death requiring me to force quit. After restarting my computer, same thing. I've trashed the omni focus preferences, same thing.

I'm using omni focus 1.01 on Leopard (latest update Mac OS X 10.5.2).

Please advise.

-cauri

The latest version is 1.0.2 so perhaps try downloading and installing it to see if the issue is resolved (though, I don't recall anything like that being mentioned in the release notes).

This sounds like we're having trouble getting the list of calendars from the Sync Services database.

Please contact the support ninjas at omnifocus@omnigroup.com and we'll try to get this straightened out.

It would be helpful you included any error messages that appear on the console when you try to open the preferences pane.

To do this, you'll want to open up the utilities folder (inside your Applications folder) and launch the app named "Console". Press the "clear display" button in the toolbar, then launch OmniFocus and open that preferences pane.

If any text appears in the console window while this is happening, please copy and paste it into an email to that address I linked above.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-05-20 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: I can't spell two-letter words, apparently.

I experience the same spinning wheel when I click on that tab in the Prefs; however (and this is important), OmniFocus will eventually finish the operation, and will return control to you. No need to force quit.