The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Annoying pop-up Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There's an annoying pop-up at a website that I frequent that I'd love to get rid of. The site is www.6abc.com. If you click on Accuweather>Accuweather Index, you'll be directed to the weather page. Shortly after the page loads, this annoying person appears at the bottom of the screen, chatting away. I can easily just click the 'x' and get rid of it, but it's annoying nonetheless.

I've toyed with the ad-blocking prefs, but if I block too much, then the rest of the page and site suffers- especially with image link type functionality. Any suggestions?

Well, my ad blocking preferences block him (I couldn't work out what you meant until I turned them off and reloaded the page... but, hell, that is really in your face!). Trying to work out which of my regex strings blocks it is going to be a chore, but my first suspicion would be that it is a Flash animation. I block all Flash by default with /.*\.swf in my blocked URLs list. Try that to see if it works to block this fella.

Hey, that seems to have done it. Thanks for the reply!