The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I change background/text color, fonts, and styles? [Colour] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
I definitely don't want to delete that whole file, would it be possible to replace one specific section of it? (For example, I'm guessing the 'BlockedStyle' portion)
Yep, this should work fine, thom. Sorry for the trouble/confusion this caused.

I accidentally formatted everything not bold, also. Now, parent tasks don't get styled bold. Is there some way I can fix this?

If you're running OmniFocus 1.0.3, the easiest way to fix it is to reset your preferences, by removing com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist from ~/Library/Preferences.

If you're running OmniFocus 1.5 Sneaky Peeks, you can reset all styles to their defaults with the 'Reset' button on the Style Preferences pane.

Awesome. That worked. Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteveW View Post
I new to OF (and really like it!) but do you define what all styles there are someplace? For example - I just selected an action with red text and changed it to a different style but there are other styles and I'm not sure what they all mean. I can guess but it sure would be nice to have them defined somewhere (prefs?). Even better if we could define our own styles based on action/note/context/due date/nest level/flagged (maybe even by Project) etc.

(Also submitting via Feedback)

--
Steve
I'm new to this forum and relatively new to OF. I think my query is related to yours if I understand you correctly - if not, sorry. I am puzzled by OF's decisions to colour some of my actions. I thought it meant 'first action' but then when I shift order of actions the colour (blue) remains. I used inspector to try to figure out what blue meant but was unsuccessful. So I guess what i am saying is where can I find out the meaning of OF's default colours (ie the ones that OF puts in for you)?
Many thanks
T

Red = overdue
Orange = due soon (within period set in preferences)
Blue = available action from Single Action List
Gray = blocked action, not available for some reason
Purple = next action
Black = available action from project

If you open the OmniFocus preferences and click on the Styles tab, you can figure all this out (and customize it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Red = overdue
Orange = due soon (within period set in preferences)
Blue = available action from Single Action List
Gray = blocked action, not available for some reason
Purple = next action
Black = available action from project

If you open the OmniFocus preferences and click on the Styles tab, you can figure all this out (and customize it).
Many thanks from a grateful newbie