The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dial from Action Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like to be able to dial a phone number directly from an action in OF for iPhone. For example in my iphone context, I have an action: "Call Sam about stuff at 555-1212" and I would be able to tap on that phone number to dial directly. Is there a way to dial from the action? or for those numbers that are already in my address book to directly link to the contact? It is a big pain to have to try to memorize the number while switching from OF to Phone. I could get so much more done while waiting in line if all of my phone calls were just one click away!

If you put the phone number in the note field, you tap on that to dial the number.

Nice, useful feature.

Nice, useful feature.

Now, we really need the ability to mail an action or text it to someone. We are kind of stuck - go the action, depends on something or someone else to do it, and no way to push it out to them.

J

It would also be great if OF was aware of your address book. For instance, if I start typing "Call Bob" it would fill in Bob's name. Now, I can see how that might lead to errors in entry if you know more than one Bob, but at the very least it should be aware enough to link to his contact entry if I type in his full name. e.g. if I make an action "Call Bob Knight" and Bob Knight is in my address book then it should link to that entry.

... and then be able to call bob, email him or text him. Typing "BOB" ought to bring up the contact picker somehow, just like in the phone. Then pick the 'BOB' you want and that contact is linked to that OF action.

In other words integrate the other communication capabilities of the phone into OF.

J.