The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The document "x" could not be saved as "x" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm getting the above error whenever I try to save an OmniOutliner document anywhere. It's a weird kind of message because it gives no reason for itself.
I've restarted, upgraded (from stable to beta, neither work), tried different file paths... right now I can't save OO docs. Can anyone help?

Sorry you haven't got a reply here. I was away at MacWorld last week. Did you email support about this issue? Or are you still having this problem? Let me know if I can be of any help!

I get this error when I attempt to save to a Windows network share drive.

There seem to be workarounds for this problem in other Omni software, but not Outliner.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=10770

Yeah, this is an Apple issue with saving file wrappers to Samba shares. OmniOutliner does not have a way to save as a flat file. Hopefully we can address this in OO4 one way or another.