The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do you handle task slippage? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I'd probably make that task the parent item of an action group, with the hard due date attached. Then make items in the action group for each of the check-points you'd like, with start dates for when you want the reviews to pop onto your radar screen.

Would that work for you?
It would work for some things, and not for others. I tend to put a LOT of questions out and don't necessarily want something that's too top-heavy. Often times, the question is the only action. If I created a project for each of them, I'd sit around managing my GTD all day and not getting much done. I actually do tend to use this for multi-step projects today. It's the small one-offs that I'm trying to capture.

A more granular review system would be great. Like, if I could click on a task and say "review in 3 days", that would solve everything, I think.