The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Freehand sketch? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
First off, thanks for this amazingly useful app! I was a bit disappointed with version 1, but the 1.1 update was a dramatic improvement. I'm excited to see how it will grow from here.

Speaking of future growth, do you have any plans to include a sketch tool? I love the current freehand shape tool, as it frees me from having to think about tool selection while brainstorming something. But I also find myself while in this mode of thinking wanting to write a quick note, or to label one of my figures. It would be great if I could just write it by hand. Ideally, one could switch from freehand shape mode to freehand sketch mode with a simple gesture, like a three finger tap.

I realize I can add a label to a shape just by double tapping on it, but I find that the sudden appearance of the keyboard and having the drawing shift in the view is enough of a disruption to break my concentration.