The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPlan not syncing with CalDAV? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to publish task assignment to corporate CalDAV so that team members can subscribe to their calendar (created one for each team member). Under "Configure publishing and subscriptions" I created
1. "Sync tasks to/from CalDav events", created a new calendar and mapped it to a custom filter (all task assigned to resource1)
2. "Sync tasks to/from iCal events", selected an existing calendar and mapped it to a customer filter (all task assigned to resource 2)
3. "Sync tasks with Calendar Server to-do, created a third calendar and mapped it to a custom filter (all task assigned to resource3)

Now I published & updated the calendars. While two new calendars got created in CalDav (that I am able to see in iCal), I am not able to see any of the task assignments in iCal. Is OmniPlan not syncing with CalDAV?

Hmm, I've just tested and this is working for me. It sounds like you've already been through the obvious stuff:
  • You can see the new calendar in iCal, therefore the CalDAV account is configured correctly both in OmniPlan and in iCal.
  • Check that the resource filters actually return results by applying them to the Gantt view.
  • Make sure that iCal is actually set up to display the calendars in question
  • Refresh iCal using the menu item Calendar -> Refresh All.

If that doesn't work, maybe you can work directly with our ninjas? Your test document and any information you may have about your CalDAV server (Is it the Mac OS 10 Server one supplied by Apple?) would be helpful.

-Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bunch View Post
Hmm, I've just tested and this is working for me. It sounds like you've already been through the obvious stuff:
  • You can see the new calendar in iCal, therefore the CalDAV account is configured correctly both in OmniPlan and in iCal.
  • Check that the resource filters actually return results by applying them to the Gantt view.
  • Make sure that iCal is actually set up to display the calendars in question
  • Refresh iCal using the menu item Calendar -> Refresh All.

If that doesn't work, maybe you can work directly with our ninjas? Your test document and any information you may have about your CalDAV server (Is it the Mac OS 10 Server one supplied by Apple?) would be helpful.

-Tom
Hi Tom,

Is there any difference between Calendar server to-do, CalDAV events and iCal events?

I sent the previous email to Support Ninja on Sunday and am waiting for a response.

Thanks,
Ravi

Hi Ravi,

The difference between those items is more or less as follows:

Sync tasks to/from calendar server events: As the name suggests, tasks become events in a calendar on a calendar server that is presumably accessible on some network somewhere. This calendar will be owned by the "principal" (think CalDAV account name) configured in Preferences -> Accounts. If the event's start, title, or note text is changed on the CalDAV server, that information can be synced back into OmniPlan.

Sync tasks to/from calendar server events: Also syncs to a calendar on a CalDAV server, but to-do's have a "completed" value, so we can sync that back for you. The other cool thing about to-do's is that if your resources are configured with email addresses both in OmniPlan and on the CalDAV server, we can actually "invite" them to the to-do and it will show up on their calendar, too, even though they have a separate login. We're working with Apple on an issue that keeps the "done" status from flowing back to the original VTODO and from there into OmniPlan. Hopefully, we can resolve that, but in the meantime, the task must be checked off in the original calendar or completeness can't be synced back.

Sync tasks to/from iCal events: This works just like calendar server events, but in this case the calendar is not networked. It's just the local calendar file used by iCal.

I'm afraid as documentation goes, this is a pretty poor writeup. We have people with real communication skills working on writing up proper documentation.

-Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bunch View Post
We have people with real communication skills working on writing up proper documentation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-rQ6Jay6w

(Sorry!)

Ravi,

Out of curiosity, which version of a Caldav server are you using?

-Frank