The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Changes in 1.7.4 SP, Build 9/24 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've just installed the latest SP build and I want to comment on what I believe to be a serious regression in functionality. Specifically, this change:

Removed the "clear" button from the right edge of the view bar. (Instead, the best way to return to a known view state is to select one from the Perspectives menu.)

What I want to point out is that clicking the old 'clear' button and selecting a saved perspective is not the same thing. The clear button only reverted any changes in the view bar, while selecting a perspective restores all saved states, such as focus, layout, etc. If I want to click on the old clear button, it is not to return to a known view state. I click on the clear button to undo any temporary filter changes made to the toolbar.

I'm fine with removing the colored text 'Stopped coloring view bar options when they differ from the default settings for a view mode.), but please put the clear button back in the view bar.