The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

search is broke/handicapped? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I tried to do a search on the term "PDF" to see if there were any alternative plugins that will let OW display PDF files inline. The search came up with no results. But I know the results are bogus, because I did another search on "plugin" which came up with a thread titled "Possible to enable PDF / RTF viewing in Omniweb?"

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...ghlight=plugin

So wazzup? :confused:

I think the length of the search string just needs to be longer. Probably would be nice if this were mentioned on the results page...

FWIW, SchubertIT PDFplugin lets you view PDFs in the browser window

Troy got it. vB's search capabilities are horrible. Calling it "garbage" is probably an understatement. I think it has the worst search capabilities of anything I've ever seen in the past decade.

The work around is to do -[jibberish] so all instances of PDF that don't have an instance of characters you know aren't posted anywhere like -hjsadfjsdonviouhneanfjd