The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to assign a shortcut to an Apple Script? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I am effectively using many of the scripts that have been published here. For some that I use quite frequently, I would love to assigna a shortcut to invoque it.

Is there any way to do this? If so, can anyone provide me with some guidance? Ideally I would like a solution that it does not require installing any additional software.

Thanks SO much! Martin.

You can do this by using Triggers in Quicksilver. You'll need to download Quicksilver from http://www.blacktree.com. Every mac user should install Quicksilver when they first get their computer. It's a great productivity tool. Don't think of it as another piece of software.

You can also use FastScripts http://www.red-sweater.com/fastscripts/index.html. I've never used it, but from what their web site describes, it should do what you want.

You can assign short cut keys through the System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts screen. You can't assign short cut keys to AppleScript as far as I know. Only to applications.

I heard really good things about Quicksilver... I'll have to look into it. Thanks a lot. Martin.