The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.5.2 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When you sync the item created on the desktop to the phone, it is also synched to the calendar from what I can tell, so you appear to be wrong in that regard. However, I suspect that what might not happen at present (but I haven't tested it) is that if you create an item on the desktop and don't synch it to your phone before it is due, it won't create an alert in the calendar and you won't get a notification on your desktop. Again, I think this is what is likely to happen but I have not evidence for it.

When the phone syncs, it'll add items to the Due Soon calendar, even if the events were originally created on the Mac.

Once OmniFocus for Mac 1.7 goes out the door, syncing either version of the app will update the calendar.

Hmm. Is everybody seeing their tasks based on start dates? Only items with Due dates are showing up on my calendar. Maybe I'm misinterpreting SHINFU'S comment above.

Potentially Important Note: I have some items that don't have Due Dates, only Start Dates.

Okay, another question:
In iCal, when I look at a Due item in my calendar, the Get Info on the even shows the OmniFocus link, but it's not clickable. I get that it's supposed to work on the iphone (mine crashes OF, but that's a different story), but I thought someone in this thread (Greg?) mentioned that you can click the link in iCal and go to the item in OmniFocus. Or is he using a sneaky peek of 1.7?

Despite my trying to learn everything about everything, this calendar update is just game changing. So stoked.

Chris, only due date notifications are currently in place. I have a feeling that shinfu was seeing events for the due dates of actions which had both start and due dates attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswitt View Post
Okay, another question:
In iCal, when I look at a Due item in my calendar, the Get Info on the even shows the OmniFocus link, but it's not clickable. I get that it's supposed to work on the iphone (mine crashes OF, but that's a different story), but I thought someone in this thread (Greg?) mentioned that you can click the link in iCal and go to the item in OmniFocus. Or is he using a sneaky peek of 1.7?
No SP of 1.7 here, and the URL in iCal is not clickable for me either. What I am doing double-clicking the task in iCal to display the task's note field, triple-clicking the URL to select all of it, then right-clicking and selecting 'Open URL'. Sounds complicated, but it's easier done than explained. Hopefully 1.7 will make the URL a clickable link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Chris, only due date notifications are currently in place. I have a feeling that shinfu was seeing events for the due dates of actions which had both start and due dates attached.

Yeah, that's it. I was testing every posibilities. :-)