The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contexts View; Can I set it so I Can see how many actions I have available under each context? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using OF for almost 5 years now, having discovered GTD 6 years ago. MY system is ever-evolving and ever-changing. My contexts and project structure changes according to new techniques and methods I wish to implement. Some have propelled me to new degrees of productivity i've never known before, while other times i've receded into procrastination.

Anyways, here's a photo of my current OF context "Available" view. My contexts are not actually contexts but more of "states of mind" as i've seen that I can tackle most of my items almost anywhere.

My only concern is I wish to add how many available actions I have under each context, similar to how the iPhone and iPad contexts view tells you "8 available" etc. I would love for it to tell me as well in OF for Mac.

Any help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 12.22.24 AM.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	2617  

Yes, if you're willing to do a bit of work in the Terminal application, you can set it up to look like this:

You'll open up the Terminal application and copy/paste in these commands:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus AvailableBadge count
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus DueSoonBadge count
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus OverdueBadge count
(other options for the value are dot and none). You can read more about this at http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...31&postcount=7