The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Tell me how to change shortcuts, please. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The key combination of Apple-Shift-Right Arrow does two different things inside and outside of OmniWeb. Outside OmniWeb, it's a combination of Apple-Right Arrow, which moves the cursor to the beginning of the line, and Shift, which selects the text. That means that if I enter "Apple Pie" in a text-field, and I realize what I really want is "Cherry Cake", I can press Apple-Shift-Right to quickly select the offending text and write over it. If I do the same thing in OmniWeb, I'm redirected to my homepage, oftentimes losing whatever I've written in the text field. Is there any way to change OmniWeb's behavior?

Hi,

You can reassign the start page key combo in System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts. Just add a new item with Menu Title "Go to Start Page", and give it whatever shortcut you'd like. Once ⇧⌘← is free, it should behave as you'd like within a textarea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_m View Post
Hi,

You can reassign the start page key combo in System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts. Just add a new item with Menu Title "Go to Start Page", and give it whatever shortcut you'd like. Once ⇧⌘← is free, it should behave as you'd like within a textarea.
Thanks! I was trying to change the shortcut from inside OmniWeb and was wondering why I couldn't find the option. It's now working like a charm.