The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Shortcut Enhancement Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm a recent convert from safari, and HUGE shortcut user (it's the defining reason as to why i switched) Anyway, I've set up shortcuts for maybe 2 dozen types of search queries that I use fairly regularly, the feature request I have is this: I like to jump to a wikipedia article by typing "w OmniWeb" in the address bar to go to the omniweb wikipedia entry, for example. It simply brings me to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OmniWeb. The problem is, Wikipedia uses underscores between words, and I'd rather be able to type in "w Omni Group" into the search bar than "w Omni_Group" to go to the appropriate page. In other words, I want to be able to replace the space character of my shortcut query with an underscore.

Please excuse me if there's a way to do this, I looked and couldn't find it.

Hello, not possible to do at the moment but it's certainly something that would be great to add for a future release.

One suggestion though, if you were to do a search shortcut (instead of a "Go" shortcut) it will take your two search terms "omni+group" and find the proper page. No converting spaces to underscores necessary.

Does it? Excellent! I've gotten so used to just typing where I wanted to go to on wikipedia into the address bar, that I didn't realize that would work.