The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why is syncing on the iPad so undependable? [A: MobileMe Password problem] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I sync to Mobile me with iPad, iPhone, and MacBook Pro with MobileMe.

iPhone and MBP—no problem.

But if I do my work on the iPad, then sync, the changes hardly EVER get written to MobileMe.

It's just virtually pointless with work with the iPad.

Is it the OF sync on the iPad that's the problem, or MobileMe?

Haven't really seen that sort of inconsistency before, Sandy. If you could, write in.

For troubleshooting purposes, though, what happens if you sync your iPad, manually, and then check the Clients list on the Mac? Does it _say_ it recently synced?

Just as another data point, I use my own WebDAV server for syncing two Macs, an iPad, and and iPod Touch and don't have any issues at all. The iPad syncs just as reliably as any of them, which is to say it works great! I'm wondering if your problems have more to do with Mobile Me?

I got so frustrated tonight because my iPad wouldn't accept my MobileMe password that I wiped the database. OF on my iPad still won't accept my password. I don't know what has happened. I wrote support. OF on my Mac and my iPhone are syncing perfectly.

I completely erased OF from my iPad, rebooted the iPad, and reinstalled OF. It then finally took my password and synced. I don't like having to do this, but I guess it's occasionally necessary. The iPad sync seems to run faster now, too. Case closed.

Hi Santra,

I have pretty much the same setup as you, iPad, iPhone, Mobile me.

the only time I have sync problems, is if there are comms problems, e.g. lack of Wi-Fi or 3G, clearly that is not OF's fault.

Other than that it's VERY reliable and I work on both the iPad and iPhone.

I would be surprised if it was a problem with Omnifocus.

Are you on the latest version of OF?

I have very few problems with this also, except as Geoff mentioned, if there are comms problems.

I sync with the following:

Mac Pro - Home
MBP - Work
iPhone & iPad - Meetings & on the go

I so seldom have problems with comms coverage that I would say the reliability of suncing is 99.99999% ;)