The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OLS Regression Table in Omnioutliner? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm going crazy trying to get Excel to place nice with me (e.g. making cells in parentheses without affecting their values, etc.)

This sounds like something Omnioutliner might be able to do. Has anyone tried this? Do you think it can work? I'm wanting it to look somewhat like the attached pic. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-08-23 at 6.22.42 PM.png
Views:	513
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1540  

OmniOutliner is an excellent tool, which I use for many things, but I'm not sure that jumping ship from Excel makes sense in this case.

Have you tried, for example, selecting the range to be formatted, and applying something like:

View > Formatting Palette > Number > Format:Custom ... > Type > #,##0.00;(#,##0.00)

(Where the second part, after the semi-colon, specifies the format for negative numbers)

?

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2010-08-23 at 11:29 PM..

I really appreciate the reply; I'll give that alternate formatting a shot.

I was hoping Omnioutliner Pro would do this for me -- I'm not making any calculations, just a nice-looking table.

I'm surprised that more Mac programmers haven't taken advantage of the surprising shortage of spreadsheet programs for mac. Excel is a hog; Numbers isn't much better. I've considered Tables, but the price seems a bit steep for its usage.

Possibly a market opportunity for Omni?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancisco View Post
I was hoping Omnioutliner Pro would do this for me -- I'm not making any calculations, just a nice-looking table.
You didn't exactly make that clear in your original post. If all you want from OmniOutliner is to format the text, sure, you can probably do that, but I'm not sure it is worth it for this example if you can get the tool you already have to do it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-08-24 at 8.01.30 AM.png
Views:	452
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1541