The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unable To Draw A Line Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can point out where I'm going wrong. All I'm trying to do, is draw a single line. However, when I click the second time to terminate the line, it creates a join ( hope . I've tried holding down Option when initially clicking, and then on the second click, to no avail.

I'm using OG 5.2.1 Pro on an iBook ( 10.5.8 ).

Thanks

John

EDIT: OK, I must be doing something really wrong, as I can't even create a line between two objects without it trying to continue. Any ideas?

Last edited by IscariotJ; 2010-03-10 at 07:41 AM..

Are you double-clicking to terminate the line, or single-clicking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Are you double-clicking to terminate the line, or single-clicking?
Single. I've tried with/without holding Option, also.

That's your problem...from the OmniGraffle help for "Connecting objects with the Line Tool":

Click where you would like the source of the line; this can be an object (to which the line will stay attached) or an empty spot on the canvas (so the beginning of the line remains unattached).

Click as many empty spots on the canvas as you like to give the line midpoints.

End the line at an object by clicking the object (to which the line will stay attached), or end the line at an empty spot on the canvas by double-clicking there (this can be changed in the Drawing Tools preferences).

That's it! Thank you so much! Somehow, I'd missed that section in the manual, and was following another ( which I can't find now, doh! ).

Thank you again, much appreciated....