The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just recently got an iPhone 4. Suddenly Omnifocus 'due' items keep appearing unrequested. Some of these are confidential and I do not want them being visible to whoever is near my phone at the time. I'm not aware I've switched anything on, therefore I can't see how to switch it off. Please help!

Go into Settings and turn off Show Alerts. That should stop them from appearing.

Settings on iPhone or setting in OmniFocus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnutt View Post
Settings on iPhone or setting in OmniFocus?
OmniFocus.

Sorry if I'm being really stupid, but I can't find any reference to 'show alerts' in the OmniFocus settings on my phone. Please lead me to the right place!

Are you running the latest version for the iPhone? If so, there is a cluster of settings titled "Due Reminders." Turn those off.

Are we talking of the Settings that are accessed via the cog-like icon, bottom right? If so, there is nothing there called 'Due Reminders'. The iPhone's running OmniFocus 1.7 and iOS 4.0.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnutt View Post
Are we talking of the Settings that are accessed via the cog-like icon, bottom right?
Yes. Version 1.7.1 introduced settings to control the popup messages, and 1.7.2 was just released yesterday to fix an issue with older iPhone OS versions.

- OmniFocus for iPhone Forum: OmniFocus 1.7.2 for iPhone is now available
- OmniFocus for iPhone in the App Store

Last edited by ifonline; 2010-08-23 at 03:31 AM..

I've updated to 1.7.2 and I can now see 'Due Reminders'. Thanks very much for your help.