The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Middle Click Tab - Backgrounds Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I middle click a link it goes into the background tab. It seems like middle click should do the same thing as what you have Apple - Click configured to do.

Same problem here.
There must be some hidden preference. OmniGuys...?

No hidden preference to customize the behavior. You can turn this off with the defaults write:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 MiddleClickLoadsTab -bool false

you could then customize customize the middle mouse button via your mouse driver software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
No hidden preference to customize the behavior. You can turn this off with the defaults write:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 MiddleClickLoadsTab -bool false

you could then customize customize the middle mouse button via your mouse driver software.
Is this omnigroups stance on this then? is this issue considered resolved?

Well what you're asking for is a new feature, we're happy to consider it, I'll file it in our database right now. As a workaround and if you have mouse drivers that allow it, you can always bind the middle button to Command-Left Click and turn off the hidden preference above.

Actually there's one already there, so I added your vote :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Actually there's one already there, so I added your vote :)
alright, sounds good. i just wasn't sure what the status of the thread was. its your product and you decide whats best, but i just wanted to know what was meant by the reply. thanks ;)

I think the main issue here is that 5.5 is focused on integrating WebKit not adding unrelated features, so troy's response was intended to mean--not in 5.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
I think the main issue here is that 5.5 is focused on integrating WebKit not adding unrelated features, so troy's response was intended to mean--not in 5.5.
Any update on this?