The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Canned Perspectives - Get Rid of & Replace with Templates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would vote to get rid of the canned Perspectives.

Often times I have a VERY similar perspective. Maybe just a little bit different sort or group or whatever.

SO I am forced to create my own perspective.

Now my Perspectives menu is getting large and unwieldy, and is filled with similarly-named perspectives.

Add to this the fact that you cannot customize the canned perspectives (column dates, new window, etc).

So my suggestion would be to get rid of the canned perspectives altogether, or make them part of the template system like the "Welcome Templates" under the Help menu for newbies.

This would give newbies a starting point, and allow advanced users to customize or delete them if they want.

I second the notion. They should definitely be included as part of the start up template, but i also tweaked some of these and just end up ignoring the first few items in the perspectives menu.