The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

adding +omnifocus for mail rules - Apple problem? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I didn't have a sig but my default (from the gMail web interface) was rich text. Changed back to plain and tested again and it worked fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
With my testing, it looks like rich text content in the body of the mail will cause the rule to not work. I sent myself a message with nothing in the body, one with plain text in the body, and one with rich text in the body.

The first two arrived and showed up in OmniFocus - the third did not.

Writing up as a bug for the team. Thanks, all.
I wonder: has this been addressed as a bug? the e-mails sent to me from such voice-to-text services such as Jott and reQuall are necessarily in rich text, and so they do not enter OF even though I have everything else in the "add to mail" system working right.

Now that I learned from the Support Ninjas that Applescript's trouble dealing with rich text is an obstacle, here, I gave up on the Jott-to-Mail-to-OmniFocus approach in favor of a Jott-to-Twitter-to-OmniFocus approach described here:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...itter+add+mail

It works well!

Thank you all, Especially Brian and iNik, for your help!