The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About to purchase OmniOutliner 3.9.5 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm about to purchase OmniOutliner 3.9.5 but I have a question regarding 4 - anyone know what the situation is it with it? I don't want to purchase a copy knowing that in less than 6 months I'll have to shell out another NZ$94.99; will a customer who recently purchased it receive a free upgrade? I'm wondering whether it is worth holding off.

I don't think any final decisions have been made, but in case it helps, here's how we've handled stuff like this in the past: once a new version of an app goes into public beta, folks who purchase the old version will get a free update to the new one. Customers that purchased before that point will have the option of upgrading their licenses at a discount.

I'm not on the OmniOutliner team, so I can't predict exactly when they'll be ready for public beta. With that (and the giant grain of salt that it constitutes in mind) I think the time until that happens is measured in months rather than days or weeks.