The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cover flow, good for showing off, bad for workflow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A mandatory rendering of the preview is one of many things that makes cover flow unusable. Cover flow has to keep three previews (at least) in memory at all times. That does not make it fine, lol. Cover flow is grossly inefficient no matter how you stack it.

I'm currently working with over a dozen universities, all with different needs. The number of wireframes and users scenario diagrams I work with borders on the extreme. One product that I've been brought in to save has over 3000 screens.

Cover flow gets in the way ALL the time. I have adopted naming conventions and a few rudimentary workarounds out of necessity. The issue is that I shouldn't have to.

Give power users a way to work with their Graffles that doesn't involve wading through the muck that is cover flow. Even iTunes offers users alternative ways of managing their music library. Cover flow is not mandatory for a good reason. It is not meant to replace better file management systems.

Again, I love having OG on the iPad. Nothing I love more than hammering out a wireframe right there with the client. It saves me a ton of time and is so much better than everyone having to crowd around a laptop or deal with projectors. The only real issue I have with the product is this lame so-called file management system.

Omni even admitted that it needed help, they said they were going to improve it and they gave us a scrubber. Sigh!

Last edited by HappyCatMachine; 2011-01-22 at 11:58 PM..