The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Grocery lists in OmniFocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just to correct uof, Jensen: On an iPod Touch, the location-based functionality should still work, but you'll have to be in range of a wifi network. (iPod Touch doesn't have GSM wireless or GPS, so it will try to use wifi to locate you. The "old" iPhone has only GSM and wifi, and the new iPhone 3G has GSM, wifi, and GPS, so it's very accurate.)

Jensen: There's also a (now open-source) web server that you can run on your desktop to access OmniFocus from a web browser. (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6443) I presume that would work on your Treo, but I haven't tried it.

Hi,
How do you prevent the checked items to be cleaned up? Mine disappear when OmniFocus cleans them up.

TIA,

Kindest regards,

Andreas

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueAndreas View Post
Hi,
How do you prevent the checked items to be cleaned up? Mine disappear when OmniFocus cleans them up.

TIA,

Kindest regards,

Andreas
Andres,
Not sure I understand. If you check them off on the iPhone, then yes, they will disappear from the iphone's view. Then you go on your Mac, and start the process over again (just change your view to Any Status so you can see the items you've checked off (if you're using the setup I mention very early in this post.)

Hope this helps.
-Marc

Marc,

Ah I see, they are back now. I thought they are deleted or backuped somewhere.

Unfortunately this is a global property and all other tasks that should be hidden are back too.

Kindest regards,

Andreas

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueAndreas View Post
Marc,

Ah I see, they are back now. I thought they are deleted or backuped somewhere.

Unfortunately this is a global property and all other tasks that should be hidden are back too.

Kindest regards,

Andreas
Right...however, i set up a perspective, focusing on the shopping list and changing the status to "Any Status". That way it doesn't affect your other views. That should work for you.

Ah - I see. I need to learn how this perspective really works.

Thanks Mark,

Have a nice weekend.

Andreas

I have the same problem as Andreas has. I don't check the items I need while I'm at my Mac, I check them in OF using my iPhone when I'm in my kitchen and then I go to the store. At that point, all the items checked on my iPhone are gone. Yes, they show up again - checked - on the desktop version of OF, but that's not useful to me. I use Perspectives on the desktop but don't see how they help me on my iPhone, given what I describe.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Miles

Why are you checking off items you need to buy *before* going to the store? What happens if you get to the store and they don't have any fresh strawberries? You've already checked it off, but now you haven't done it.

Or am I misunderstanding your use of the word 'checked'?

I have a bunch of items in a list. Some I need, some I don't. So when I decide I need it, I check them. Yes, they have a line through it but I can still read the name. I would prefer to not see a line. List management would more normally have me check the items I do need, then uncheck them when I don't need them, then disappear from my View once I don't need them. It seems more natural to check items as you identify that you need them. Anyway, I don't mind going the other way if it helped.

Let's assume I chose the other route and kept them all checked until I unchecked what I needed. The iPhone would delete them all, even though they would reappear on the desktop. Either way, the iPhone deletes the checked items so by the time I get to the store, I don't have my list anymore. I assume that's the problem Andreas is having as well.

If I'm missing something ultra simple, please let me know. It wouldn't be the first time for me.

Thanks,

Miles