The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone to Mobile Me to iCal - Desktop version needed? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to do something rather intuitive. I want to create a task in the iPhone version and get it to show up in iCal on my Mac. It seems I should be able to do this but so far I am running info a major issue. I don't care to install the desktop app for Omnifocus. Is there a way to set things up so I can create a task on my iPhone, sync it through Mobile Me then have it show up in iCal ?

How do you want the item to show up in iCal? As a To Do item? As an appointment?

OF iPhone 1.5.2 will create calendar events for the due date/time of items. See the forum threads for information on how to set this up. On the Mac you can subscribe to the calendar using the same URL that you use on the iPhone.

Curt

Curt thanks for the reply. I should have specified. I would like to be able to create a To Do in iCal and have that show up in OmniFocus. I would also like to create To Dos in OmniFocus and have them show up in iCal as To Dos. I will check out the 1.5.2 "appointment" type notifications , thanks for that pointer.

OmniFocus on the Mac can sync with the iCal to-do database, but the phone version of Calendar doesn't have any to-do support.

That prevents us from using the same method we're using to create calendar notifications without requiring the Mac app. If you'd like to sync OmniFocus and iCal to-do's, you'll need to do so on a Mac. Sorry.