The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lockup with regular expression URL blocking on certain sites Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It appears that having a regular expression starting with ".*" (and presumably other expressions that require backtracking?) causes a lockup when loading certain sites. The common denominator of these sites appears to be their use of TypeKit (a licensed CSS3 font-face solution).

Here's an example rule that causes problems for me:

.*fhqwhgads

Even if this is never matched on the page, I get a lockup. The following pattern, which is just as effective, causes no issues:

://.*fhqwhgads

I've adjusted my blocking rules to work around this issue.

Don't you think this would be a more useful report if you also provided a specific example of such a site, rather than making whoever wants to look at it try to find what may or may not be a similar one in order to try to help you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Don't you think this would be a more useful report if you also provided a specific example of such a site, rather than making whoever wants to look at it try to find what may or may not be a similar one in order to try to help you?
Whoops! I had a short list of problem sites that I forgot to paste into the report. Thank you for pointing this out.

Here are a few sites I see the issue on:

Sure does! I've filed this in our tracker, thanks for the report.

In the meantime, thanks for the work around, bmastenbrook.