The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving tasks in resource view...? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This may be an entirely stupid question; I am not the most experienced project software user... but...

When I want to do some manual levelling, I find it frustrating that I am not able to do it directly in Resource view. Switching back to the Task view and finding the task amongst a lot of others is time consuming. (Some would say boring!)

What I would like to do is quickly slide around the tasks (start/end) in Resource view, without having to switch back to Task view. I don't think this is possible at the moment.

Failing that, some sort of filtering in Task view; so that I can filter the displayed tasks by Resource, Date, Duration, etc., would be great...

I'll add your vote for rescheduling tasks in the resource view to that bug.

There is a small shortcut I can offer, as a small way to make it slightly less painful in the meantime. When you're in the resource view, and want to edit a particular task, double-click it. This will flip you over to the task view, with the same task selected you, hopefully saving a bit of hunting.