The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Best Practises - Project Names Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it fair to say that a good project names often begins with a verb?

ex. Renew drivers license, Build pizza oven or Evolve to higher state of being.

That's right and I think the name should also attempt to imply the successful outcome if possible.

But sometimes 'My_Application 1.8' can be good enough to contain the tasks it takes to produce My_Application version 1.8.

One of the David Allen presenters (Maurice Gavin) suggested making the project names in the past tense. The theory being that your brain is good at envisioning something as completed that way and it helps you move in that direction.

So a project like: Renew Driver's License

Becomes: Renewed Driver's License

I find it easy and comfortable to do.

Randy

When I use "outcome thinking" my project names get too long. None of the task managers I've tried do word wrap in the sidebar, so you have to get good at "terse vision statements". ;)