The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

command-key functionality Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First off, i hadn't used OW for a long long time. I was a hardcore Safari user and supporter. But this thing (5.5.3) is amazing! Great job!

Second, the feature request :)
Two things that bother me though, things that were available in Safari.
1) Command-click (or enter) functionality: in Safari you could type something in the Google search bar, command-enter and it would give you the search results in a new tab.
Same goes with bookmarks, command-click on a bookmark and it would open in a new tab. This does work in OW, but ... not with a mouse button configured to emulate that command-click. It does however work correct if you use it to click on a link in a page.
2) PDF in browser support, but i'm sure that'll be supported in the future. I know it has been requested before. But This is a great OSX-browser and PDF support in OSX is one of it's strenghts, because it's dead simple and easy to use. So, integrating it in thé OSX-browser seems logical.

Sorry for the elaborate explanation :)
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modjo
Same goes with bookmarks, command-click on a bookmark and it would open in a new tab. This does work in OW, but ... not with a mouse button configured to emulate that command-click. It does however work correct if you use it to click on a link in a page.
Does this work better if you quit OmniWeb and run the terminal command below?

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 MiddleClickLoadsTab -bool False

Nope, sorry.
Thanks for the code.

However, this isn't the only osx browser with this behaviour. I've only seen it work in Safari, not in FF, Opera, Shiira, or Camino.

Edit:
I missed something.
It does work (middle click on bookmark) if the bookmark is not inside a bookmark folder.
Sorry, i should have probably looked into that.

Last edited by Modjo; 2007-01-16 at 12:16 AM..

I would also love to see command-enter used to open forms (and search bar, of course) in a new tab. This is actually one of the features that I like best about Safari, although I'm currently falling in love with OmniWeb's tab bar.

Personally, I can't get middle-mouse functionality in the bookmarks at all, although I haven't overwritten the default yet. If it works after that, I'll edit this. Otherwise, I would love to see middle-mouse button working in the bookmarks!