The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clean-Up-Button makes no sense to me Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
By default tasks disappear immediately from the remaining-view after I check their "Done"-check box. I wondered what the Clean-Up-Button is then good for and just hit it once. From that moment on tasks did not disappear from the remaining-view anymore but stayed visible, only turned grey and became crossed-out. Feature or bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondfish View Post
By default tasks disappear immediately from the remaining-view after I check their "Done"-check box. I wondered what the Clean-Up-Button is then good for and just hit it once. From that moment on tasks did not disappear from the remaining-view anymore but stayed visible, only turned grey and became crossed-out. Feature or bug?
It depends on who you ask. A few months ago some of us debated what the default behavior should be; this is one of the threads:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=3570

I think that a task that the user marks done should not disappear automatically until the user changes the view or chooses Clean Up. That way, you don't have to fret about accidentally checking off the wrong item, and you can use command-option-R to pop over to Planning mode and see whether you've defined a next action for the project. (Normally that should be done during your review, but some projects are critical enough that it's worth a few seconds of planning immediately.)

I recently got email from a support ninja indicating that the release version will have that feature, in Available and Next filters too, as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondfish View Post
I am seeing the same behavior now that I have downloaded the most recent build. That is new. The cleanup button used to be just for the Inbox. I guess the Omni Folks enlarged its scope. Seems odd, though, that we have to press the cleanup button to turn on the new feature (if that is what it is). That seems counterintuitive to me.