The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due View doesn't work? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm a new OmniFocus user. I created a context-less task in Inbox (in which I have the "Due" column turned on), assigned it a date due, and then looked in the "Due" view under "No Context", and see nothing.

If I change the Status filter in the viewbar to "Any Status" it pops up, and if I turn on the Due column, it has a due date.

Any idea what the problem is? Thanks.

I'll bet that the due date you set is far enough in the future that it is outside of the window shown in the default Due perspective. When you have the view showing actions with are Due Soon, as the default Due perspective does, you only see those actions which were due in the past or no more than your Due Soon setting in the future. See the OmniFocus preferences, Data section, Dates & Times. The default setting is 2 days, so you don't have to go very far into the future to run into this. You can adjust your Due Soon setting, change the Due perspective, or make your own custom perspective if you want one that shows the bigger picture.

Yup - that was it. Thanks!