The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

annotation shape Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to make a callout/annotation on a shape. Is there an annotation shape somewhere? I can't seem to locate it. I'd like a simple one like Visio has.

I was looking for this as well. I was just trying to add a name to an association in a UML diagram.

Thanks to a bit of luck and OS X's ability to search help, I found that any shape or text can be made to act as an annotation. To do what you want, I think you would only need to create a connection, then attach some text to it. (You can do this by clicking the text tool, and clicking on the line.) Then set the "Label Location" and "Label Offset" in the Geometry Inspector.

Oh, and just to make this a bit easier to find... I was searching for things like "text" and "connector" and "connection" and "annotation". ;-)

~Mike

Last edited by mabney; 2009-03-18 at 05:13 PM..