The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

vote for Omniweb support in 1passwd Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
1passwd is a cool password utility that works across multiple browsers on the mac. it's based on the keychain, so all your info is kept safe and consistent. it's a really cool concept for someone who jumps around to different browsers regularly.

however, they don't have omniweb support right now :eek:

they do, however, have an open poll right now about which features to include in an upcoming release.

vote for omniweb here: http://forum.agilewebsolutions.com/viewtopic.php?t=68

even if you don't have any interest in the utility yourself, help me out by casting your vote :D

Interesting app, never heard of it before. I looked at the VT comments, the developer says he is planning to add OW support.

Still in beta, but it's there! Grab it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Still in beta, but it's there! Grab it here!
Well, I downloaded the only link I could see and there's no OW support that I can see.

Am I not looking in the correct area of the page? The only file I can see to get is 1Passwd-1-1.5.3470, which I have now downloaded and installed twice, basically.

1.5 is the official release, where's the beta that has OW support, or am I misunderstanding you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
Well, I downloaded the only link I could see and there's no OW support that I can see.

Am I not looking in the correct area of the page? The only file I can see to get is 1Passwd-1-1.5.3470, which I have now downloaded and installed twice, basically.

1.5 is the official release, where's the beta that has OW support, or am I misunderstanding you?
OmniWeb support in 1Passwd is technically in beta. You can try it by downloading the offical 1.5 release, and then under preferences change the Update preference to 'Prereleases'. When you perform an update, it will grab the prerelease which has OmniWeb support.

See this post for details.

This is great! Thanks go out to the 1passwd folks.

Does 1PassWD have to be the fully licensed version to get the beta? I've just gotten around to installing version 1.5 after Dave posted a comment to my 'blog and I'd really like to evaluate the 2.0 beta since it does support my favorite browser.

looks like the steps provided by dteare above work just fine in the unlicensed version.

I must be doing something wrong, then. I'll hit the support forums for 1passWD. Thanks, Troy.

FWIW, ScreenCastsOnline has a programme up on 1Passwd