The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

tab bar on top as an option Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Have an option of allowing the tab on the top.

I'm a new user to omniweb and i love it but I'm only working on a 13 inch macbook, I loose so much screen space with the side tabs. I can see the benefit of the tab bar at the side and I'm not suggesting it change. But at least allow the tab bar on top as an option. Otherwise I'm loving it having tried safari, firefox, camino and opera. OW is on top but for the space I loose with the tab bar.

Thanks to all

I agree. This request has been made repeatedly in these forums as well as through OmniWeb. I hope they are reading and plan on at least giving the option to choose the type of tabs to use. The side tabs are one of their features. However, especially on small screens, too much real estate is used with the side tabs.

I also would like to see this option and, in the meantime, how about simply adding the preference to automatically close the drawer when only one tab is open?

I can live with the drawer, less ugly in Leopard, but having it open for one tab is a pain. I say make this a preference, since I know some people keep the drawer open to drag links and such to it.

I like all of these ideas. Probably allowing the tab bar anywhere (user choice, top, bottom, left right) is the best way to go. I also like the idea of the auto tab bar so it only opens when more than one tab is needed and auto closes when it's not. Again, a user option for this would be best. Every one has different tastes.

Last edited by skellener; 2008-02-28 at 08:18 AM..