The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Automagic HTML Creator Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So, I'm thinking of arranging a way to export the contents of an OO document to an HTML page. Columns would be something like:

* Contents
* Element (HTML tag to be used)

Actually, I'll just start with those two. So, Row One / Column One would be free-form text:

Settings

And Row One / Column Two would be a dropdown list of XHTML-compliant elements, in this case:

List Item

And I'd want this simple document to export
Code:
<li>Settings</li>

Naturally, it gets more complicated after that. Some things you'll want two elements for, like if that list item was also a link. And I haven't really thought through the parent/child vs. indenting thing much. Really, I'd just like to start with this first step and see if it's something I can do.

Here's the thing: I know nearly nothing about Applescript, and I only enough of Automator to discover that it's probably not the tool for the job.

Can someone point me to some relevant and/or easy-to-understand resources that might help me get a jump start on this project?

OO already exports to HTML: File > Export; change the file format.

... unless of course you're talking about a different way to export to HTML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanjbusch
Can someone point me to some relevant and/or easy-to-understand resources that might help me get a jump start on this project?
There's an SDK available on our extras page that includes instructions for building an Export plugin. Using export plugins requires OmniOutliner Professional though.

<http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnioutliner/extras/>