The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW jumps to background tabs: How to disable? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think it's a security precaution but...

shift-click on a link to open it in a background tab (depending on your prefs of course)

-> very shortly after doing so, OW will jump to the new tab and leave the original tab with a highlighted border in the Tab panel.

I think it concerns windows which contain auto-loading links. in my case, the new windows contain file download links which automatically download after a couple of seconds.

can I turn this 'feature' off and prevent OW from ever automatically switching to a background tab?

regards,
Gregory

Product: OmniWeb-5.7
Tag: OmniWeb-5.7-Beta-2-v618
Date: 2008-03-24 15:43:56 -0700
Builder: rachael
Host: tb104i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 98981

This might actually be the Javascript "Allow scripts to reorder windows" setting getting in your way. If you uncheck it in your security preference pane doe s the problem go away?