The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Grouping Notes/Memos Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Select one or more projects (or the whole library) in the sidebar, click in the outline, select all of the outline with cmd-A, expand everything in the outline with cmd-9, open all the notes with cmd-' and they should stay that way until you change them.
 
Note that this also interacts with the Always Show Full Row Text and Collapse Row Text When Not Editing feature on the View menu. If you have OF set to Collapse Row Text when not editing, then only the first line of an expanded note is shown.
__________________
Cheers,

Curt
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mount View Post
I had a look at Evernote but I don't like the way it doesn't let people save their notes locally. It seems it only stores the notes on the Evernote server so I would be reliant on their servers staying online as well as my being in an area where my internet connection is still available.
If you download the desktop version of Evernote (which requires having an online account), you can save and edit notes locally; your edits will be synced when you are next online (or however you set your prefs). You can even create local notebooks that are not synced to the Evernote servers.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
If you download the desktop version of Evernote (which requires having an online account), you can save and edit notes locally; your edits will be synced when you are next online (or however you set your prefs). You can even create local notebooks that are not synced to the Evernote servers.
But would I not still need to be connected to the Evernote servers to read those notes on my iPhone? I was really talking about viewing notes on my iPhone, I'm sorry I wasn't clear about that.

I could have another look at Evernote I suppose. But I'd still prefer to have my notes available offline on the iPhone, as well as the Mac, and synchronise with MobileMe.

EDIT: I've just downloaded Evernote again for the iPhone and Desktop. I did read a future update will include local storage of favourite notes on the iPhone. I'll still be open to whatever Omni product that might become available that serves as a note app on the iPhone.

Last edited by Peter Mount; 2008-10-26 at 06:35 AM..
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mount View Post
But would I not still need to be connected to the Evernote servers to read those notes on my iPhone? I was really talking about viewing notes on my iPhone, I'm sorry I wasn't clear about that.
Sorry, I thought you were talking about viewing them on your Mac (I should have gone back to the beginning of the thread for context). As you note, Evernote can't do that yet on the iPhone.

Last edited by brianogilvie; 2008-10-26 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: clarifying
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
Sorry, I thought you were talking about viewing them on your Mac (I should have gone back to the beginning of the thread for context). As you note, Evernote can't do that yet on the iPhone.
That's OK.

I've decided to give Evernote a try as they did say they will update it for the iPhone.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
voice memos AEW OmniFocus 1 for Mac 4 2012-06-10 05:06 PM
Best Practice Question: Notes Inspector vs Notes Layer atwoodsa OmniGraffle General 2 2011-08-10 10:01 AM
Grouping and Resizing sheridap OmniGraffle General 2 2009-07-14 10:51 AM
Notes: Default View Em' Setting? Also, How are notes in the iTouch? 2 Pics Included. HappyDude OmniFocus 1 for Mac 10 2009-06-26 09:32 PM
How to move PalmOS tasks/memos to OmniFocus sderose OmniFocus for iPhone 0 2008-09-11 11:02 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.