The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

$40? Seriously? [OmniFocus for iPad Pricing Feedback] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just recently ported my brain into omnifocus with all three versions. That put me back $130 dollars, which isn't chump change, but it isn't outrageous compared to other desktop software. Each has it's use for me, and toghether OmniFocus has really made a huge imprivement in my productivity. It has definitely paid for itself in less than two months. One of the best software expenditures I've ever made.

OF is why I bought an iPhone. I had an ipad, and tried all the GTD stuff, but the news of the coming OFiPad app lead me to try the desktop demo. Once I saw how well this all worked, it dawned on me that it wouldn't work forme unless I had it in my pocket, so I finally got an iPhone. It's more important to me than the phone at this point.

I think it's fair to say that OmniFocus has paid for itself many, many times over. I wouldn't be exagerating to say that the improvement to my workflow (not least proper reviews and the ability to plan my day over my breakfast!) since adding the iPad version means it's saved me more every day of the week than the app cost just once..

For the people who think it's too expensive I can only way (with a big friendly :D) - quit yer whining, you don't need it. Stick to a simple 99c to-do list and then everyone's happy aren't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by witz View Post
OF is why I bought an iPhone. I had an ipad, and tried all the GTD stuff, but the news of the coming OFiPad app lead me to try the desktop demo. Once I saw how well this all worked, it dawned on me that it wouldn't work forme unless I had it in my pocket, so I finally got an iPhone. It's more important to me than the phone at this point.
The same here Witz, I didn't really want another iPhone but at the time OmniFocus in my pocket was more important than my resentment at Apple's stranglehold on my wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK View Post
For the people who think it's too expensive I can only way (with a big friendly :D) - quit yer whining, you don't need it. Stick to a simple 99c to-do list and then everyone's happy aren't they!
OK, RiK, maybe for you it's "whining" but, playing devil's advocate, then perhaps Omni shouldn't position the product as a to-do-list on the App store?

I'm a happy user of OF on the desktop, less so on iDevices. I've already paid for and deleted OG and OGS from my iPad and I doubt I'll put them back unless some compelling new feature is introduced (OmniGroup Format?:)).

I believe that until Apple permits a paid App upgrade path (so that Omni can generate a revenue stream from its existing client base), then even the most evangelistic and dedicated fanboys of all things Omni need new users and for them to be happy new users.

I have a developer pal who has two paid Apps that have consistently remained in the UK general top 50 since their launch several years ago. He tells me that once your App drops to 2 stars it's game over.

I want Omni to succeed and remain willing to improve and innovate OmniFocus and for me that means I shouldn't shy away from trying to appreciate and, if I can, address other users understandably sometimes negative opinions, whether or not I agree with them. If I do agree with them, being a paid up Member, I feel free to say so. Sorry RiK, but IMHO I don't think telling them they're "whining" or "stick to a simple 99c to-do list" helps them (except to perhaps post negative App Store reviews), Omni or over the long term, us.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-09-08 at 11:59 AM..