The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW 5.5.4 takes an eternity to quit Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

After a surf session, when I quit OW, it takes approx. 40 seconds to quit.
I have a dual 2,5 Ghz G5 with 5 GB of RAM, and can't remember this behaviour before. i make heavy use of workspaces, could it be related ?

Thank you

Alex

This happens to me when the now notorious JS garbage collection bug takes hold - do you notice if the browser is behaving sluggishly prior to your quit? If so, it is probably the same thing.

Alternatively, how many days history do you save? If it is a lot, I think that it could have an effect on the time taken to quit (though 40s would be far too long on your system).