The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

When the SP expires, gives option to DL latest version Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Seems like I'm always on the road when a SP gets released and somewhere on the trip the one I have installed expires.

It'd be cool if there was a "download now" button instead of just quitting. I realize this isn't of the utmost priority.

Yeah, I discovered the hard way that it doesn't let you do anything when, after my third SP release, I decided to toss the release version and go purely with the SP. The problem was, that was also the first time that I actually tried to launch the browser after the expiration - in previous versions, I'd used the expired versions past expiration but hadn't tried to launch them. So when it caught me that time, I ended up having to use another program (in that case, Interarchy) to go and grab the newest release.

As you say, it's not too big a deal, but it would be a nice touch if the expiration code went out and determined the latest release and offered to d/l it for you.