The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help with Getting Email into Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What’s the fastest way to turn an email into a task? I use the Mail app and often I have image files and pdf’s I’d like to attach to a task as well as the email body. I tried to install the “clip-tron” but I keep getting an error message. I’m running Lion with the latest version of OF. I’m aware of the “send to omnifocus” email trick as well as the email rule preference in Omni-focus. But neither of these support attachments. And honestly its an extra step in my work flow……is there an easier way?

Contact the support ninjas and get the clip-o-tron working.

does the clip-o-tron support attachments?

The clip-o-tron imports the whole message into the notes of the action it creates, attachments and all. The action's title will be the subject line of the clipped message, and you'll get a brief header, including a link which will take you to the original message in Mail on the Mac, followed by the body of the message, including attachments. It's worth noting that you may wish to delete any unnecessary attachments, because you can accumulate a lot of cruft in your database if you regularly clip emails with attachments and/or graphics, and performance will eventually suffer. The Attachment List window available under the Windows menu is good for keeping an eye on this. It's less of an issue if you aren't syncing, but I would still recommend pruning unneeded attachments periodically.

thanks so much....I've contacted OF to see what the issue is with installing it....have a great day