The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Project Support Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After reviewing over 50 other PPM (Project Portfolio Management) softwares (online and DLs), I found myself compelled to purchase the OmniPlan OS X app, even though I see it has some deficiencies and is overpriced for what you get.

I'll be forever frustrated with OmniPlan until it can support Multiple Projects natively (without the "task" workaround).

Evan Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevans View Post
After reviewing over 50 other PPM (Project Portfolio Management) softwares (online and DLs), I found myself compelled to purchase the OmniPlan OS X app, even though I see it has some deficiencies and is overpriced for what you get.

I'll be forever frustrated with OmniPlan until it can support Multiple Projects natively (without the "task" workaround).

Evan Evans
We would love to see this feature in a later version OmniPlan too. This is definitely on the list of features we're considering for OmniPlan 2.0. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong View Post
We would love to see this feature in a later version OmniPlan too. This is definitely on the list of features we're considering for OmniPlan 2.0. :-)
akwong: I need a project management software, now. :-)
I looked at Omni PLan and I really like the interface, the features, but the first thing I noticed was the lack of multi-project support. I started searching online and I found this thread.

How long before 2.0 comes out? Will current users be able to upgrade for free?

If the 2.0 development will take a while, I might have to look somewhere else.

Thanks!

dombi

We don't pre-announce formal release dates, but I'd guess that the proper time unit to use is 'months', which for you probably translates to 'a while', not 'now'.

Current users will very likely *not* upgrade to 2.0 for free. As a general Omni policy, when the major version number changes (1 -> 2), you need a new license. When a minor version number changes (1.1 -> 1.2) you do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevans View Post
support Multiple Projects natively (without the "task" workaround)
+1 for that feature

I would also like to see multi-project support.

Another vote.