The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus App on iPhone TODAY!!! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_f View Post
I suspect part of what Omni are waiting for is to see whether Apple implement a ToDo interface on the iPhone or not.
Oh, sorry if we haven't been clear about this! What we're waiting for right now is the iPhone (and iPod Touch) SDK, which Apple is planning to release in February.

We'd love for Apple to add support for To Dos on the iPhone in the meantime—but even if (or hopefully when) they do add that support, we still want to do an iPhone version of OmniFocus that lets you view your actions by context, etc.

I think you've been clear, but the forums have exploded since the public beta....

I'm looking forward to the iPhone/iPod Touch version of OF. It's one of the few things that could make me buy one.

I don't think there's much doubt that many people would line up to buy OF for iPhone. I would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I have found iCal todos and sync with OF or iGTD not satisfying. That is why I have often pressed for independence of the two. Besides the todo functions of a calendar program really are not up to a representation of a GTD app. So I would still want OF on the iPhone even if they had an iCal todo list for the same reason I want OF.
Agreed. Thats all I need. an iPhone client.

Taking out my laptop to see what I could be doing whilst on the tram, walking to work etc is just not feasible. These GTD really need a mobile companion to complete them.

Realistically, It would be nice to be able to have them sync over various computers too, but I guess that would mean we need lots of licenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Oh, sorry if we haven't been clear about this! What we're waiting for right now is the iPhone (and iPod Touch) SDK, which Apple is planning to release in February.

We'd love for Apple to add support for To Dos on the iPhone in the meantime—but even if (or hopefully when) they do add that support, we still want to do an iPhone version of OmniFocus that lets you view your actions by context, etc.
:D You've made my day. I'm going to go ahead and buy the program right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post

On the other hand, you could say why bother going to all the effort of writing an iPhone version of OF (and sacrificing the storage space on the device) when there's already a sync mechanism in place from iCal to iPhone and you can see your actions by context by assigning each context its own calendar in iCal. You could even do capture on the phone by having an Inbox calendar that syncs with the OF inbox. Of course that's assuming they're going to add multiple calendar support to mobile iCal, but it's a logical next move really since loads of people have commented on the lack of this feature on the iPhone.