The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspective for yesterday and today Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
HI,

I can't seem to figure out how to make a perspective that shows items to be started (deferred to) yesterday or today.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

PS: I wish omnifocus had smartfolders, like itunes smart playlists or aperture smart albums.

EDIT: I guess what I would like is a view like the Forecast view in iPhone app.

Last edited by Johsny; 2014-01-27 at 03:15 AM..

Here's how I did it: I created a Perspective called "Due Now", in which I set Availability to remaining, and Status to Due Soon.

Then, in OF Preferences'Data, set "Due Soon" to "In the next 24 hours".

Unfortunately that will not give what Johsny was looking for. Due soon relates only to the due date, not to the start date (or deferred date), which is what I think Johsny was looking for. As far as I know, there is no way to filter by start or deferred date in omnifocus.

I have a “Starting” perspective. I use it to view items starting tomorrow, so I review it at night and flag my priorities for the next day. This could probably be tweaked to show what you want (by changing availability and collapsed options).

My settings:

Grouping: Start
Sorting: Start
Availability: Remaining
Time: Any

Collapse: “Start Any Time”, “Start Today”, everything after “Start within next week"

Restore: Focus, Layout, Expansion, Selection

Last edited by aeryn; 2014-01-31 at 09:39 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeryn View Post
I have a “Starting” perspective. I use it to view items starting tomorrow, so I review it at night and flag my priorities for the next day. This could probably be tweaked to show what you want (by changing availability and collapsed options). <snip>
Hi aeryn, that is very useful, thanks! I saved it as a perspective. Between Inbox, Due, and your perspective I have what I need.

Much appreciated!

You are welcome, glad it worked for you.