The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Failed to create certificate sync error Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey, I could use some help. Just bought Omnifocus for my iPhone, and when I attempted to start the sync server over Bonjour, I was given this error message:

Code:
Failed to create certificate:

Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key
......................................+++
......................+++
writing new private key to '/Users/belril/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Synchronization Data/Configuration/server.key'
-----
problems making Certificate Request
269:error:0D07A097:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_mbstring_copy:string too long:a_mbstr.c:154:maxsize=64
Any ideas on how to make it work?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belril View Post
Hey, I could use some help. Just bought Omnifocus for my iPhone, and when I attempted to start the sync server over Bonjour, I was given this error message:

Code:
Failed to create certificate:

Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key
......................................+++
......................+++
writing new private key to '/Users/belril/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Synchronization Data/Configuration/server.key'
-----
problems making Certificate Request
269:error:0D07A097:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_mbstring_copy:string too long:a_mbstr.c:154:maxsize=64
Any ideas on how to make it work?

Thanks!
Best bet would probably be to call up Omni (800-315-OMNI in the US) or send email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com or use Help->Send Feedback.